- Gujarat being one of the major warehousing hubs in western region with biggest and busiest port in India Porbandar and Kandla Port. It is also an emerging warehousing and logistics location that include other major cities of Western India such as: Mumbai, Pune, Nashik, Nagpur, Bhavnagar, Jaipur and Indore.
- The states has highest number of 45 operational ports and commercial ports, 12 domestic airports and 1 international airport in addition to an extensive rail and road network.
- There are two major warehousing clusters – Aslali – Kheda Belt and Changodar- Bagodara Belt and up to 18% equity IRR for a Development project can be achieved in the Changodar-Bagodara Warehousing Belt.
- The key sectors identified by the Government for supporting the growth of manufacturing industry in Gujarat is broadly classified into Textiles, Engineering, Automobile and Auto Ancillaries, Chemical and Pharmaceutical.
- Gujarat has a significant presence of Industrial estate and industrial park with sector focus on Brass, Petrochemical, Oil refinery, Mineral based, Cement and Fertilizer.
- State contributes 7.2% of the Nation’s GDP and shows leadership in many areas of manufacturing and infrastructure sectors.